Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday April 25- Day 13

This was our last day in China. We leave in the morning and begin our 24 hour journey home, and we are ready. I've had enough fried noodles, and I am looking forward to some mexican food. But most of all I'm looking forward to hugging my other kids and grandbabies. We are so thankful for how the Lord has shown such great mercy to us on this trip. It has truly been wonderful to be here in this country. Now we go home and embark on the new normal.  I appreciate the way all of our family members have embraced this adoption. Our adult children have given us such encouragement. They know their parent's weaknesses and limitations, and the sacrifices this will mean for their own lives as well. And yet they have enthusiastically said yes to the call. We know we will face many challenges. It's not always as lovely as it looks in pictures. But the hard times will be gifts He uses to strengthen and transform us into His likeness. So here we go..Ivy will become a US citizen tomorrow when we arrive in Los Angeles. She's already legally part of our family, and officially she has won our hearts as well. 






"We cherish the grace that is this unique family. And to the questions and the comments and the compliments, this is my reply: 'These are the children that the Lord saw fit to bless me with' "
Kisses from Katie..A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption
By Katie Davis

8 comments:

  1. Your sweet girl is stunning. I can't wait to go back and read a bit more about your journey to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost home. I remember that feeling... that "if I have another noodle I'm gonna get sick" feeling. Come home and have a good chili relleno in Glendale! Holler when you get your land legs and are ready to get out. I'd love to meet in the middle and meet you in person.
    She is divine!
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for my family to come home so I can meet my new sister!! Love you and miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on out for some carnitas when you all get back!! We can't wait to see you and are praying for a safe journey home.

    Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for traveling angels to guide you every step of the journey back to the USA.
    Love to all and rejoicing in your family reunion. We serve such a caring and faithful God! He brings all things to pass.
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Coccimiglio Family,
    I have had a great time looking at your daily blogs. The pictures, Bible verses, and quotes from the book Kisses from Katie, and others are amazing! And also the pictures of Ivy, her long blue and white dress, her hair bows and flowers are so cute, and so is Ivy! I hope you have a safe and fun journey home! I'm so excited to meet Ivy!

    Love,
    Kayla Madore

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have enjoyed your blog and looked forward to it everyday. The tears of happiness flowed most of the days and we feel so blessed you are our family. Ivy is adorable and we are very eager to meeting and loving her. So glad Emma is well and to Macy, I think we have another photographer in the family. We are so proud of all of you and are praying for your safe return home.
    Love, Mom and Dad (Gummie & Papa)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love these pictures of Ivy! You can really see her little personality starting to come out. Praying for this last leg of your journey home and can't wait to keep reading more as you settle in back home!

    xoxo,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete