Saturday, April 13, 2013

This time last year

One year ago today we were in China. I was a bundle of nerves about to meet our little Huanyue for the first time. I tried to relax and enjoy the sights and experience. But the emotions were running too high. I am so grateful that we were able to take our two youngest daughters along on the trip. Their lives were also forever changed. It's a sentimental time for me as I reflect on our one year "Gotcha Day" anniversary. I realize more all the time that I left a part of my heart in China.



Here's our scared little girl the first time we met her.



And here she is today .


What a difference one year makes. What a difference love makes. What a difference Christ makes.

"A life changed is worth it, even if only one. God's love made known is worth it, 
even if only to one." -- Katie Davis, Kisses From Katie

"No eye has seen, nor ear has heard
and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared 
for those who love Him."
1 Corinthians 2:9


....More to come on Gotcha Day Anniversary

Ni Hao Yall

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see the transition from one year ago to today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! She is so beautiful. I am glad God gave you the blessing of her. A year of love is amazing. Wishing you many more years of love and growth. Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Gotcha Day!! I hope you have a sweet time celebrating. I understand about your heart and China. I feel that way in regards to Russia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stories and pictures bring chills. Knowing your heart, inspiring... Enjoy reflecting on the adventure already penned in the story book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful, beloved little girl! Yes, I too left a part of my heart and soul in China with bits and pieces spread out among all the orphans left behind and our daughter's birth-family. But oh what we have gained in the process...a kind of love I've never experienced before! Thank you for sharing (and listening)!

    ReplyDelete