Monday, July 16, 2012

This special day

It's hard to believe that today, July 16th, we celebrate three months since we met Ivy and she joined our family. Also on July 16th, twenty-six years ago, our oldest daughter entered this world. How very blessed we are. This picture of the girls isn't the best quality, and it wasn't planned and posed. What I like about it is that it shows some of the things I love most about my girls. They know how to have fun and laugh, and they love each other deeply. And recently I have been able to witness their strength of character, and their hearts for Christ, in their acceptance and love for Ivy. It isn't always easy to bring a new five year old sister into the family. It has it's challenges. But these girls have made it look easy. They constantly choose to love. I am inspired daily by their willing, open hearts. (My guys are also amazing...I just didn't happen to have a picture of them!)



My first baby..July 16, 1986
(hey, don't laugh..those glasses were stylin')

My newest baby...April 16, 2012

"Our daughters will be like pillars carved to adorn a palace." -Psalm 144:12

4 comments:

  1. That is so neat! What a testimony to God's faithfulness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun photos! I can't believe it has been 3 months already. I will continue to pray for your family and think of all of you often.

    Happy Birthday Chelsea!

    Much love to everyone,
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and adorable!

    Happy Birthday Chelsea!

    Love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three months! Wow! Time does fly. Thank you for sharing a little of your life.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete